Monday, April 16, 2012

Take Away Points

1. When your mom tells you to finish everything off of your plate because there are starving kids....well, she means it. I saw children to the point of emaciation. I saw children so lethargic they could barely move from lack of food and water. I will praise the Lord for all of the food He fills my body up and I will share with those who hunger.

2. Mission Trips are so good for the soul! I think everyone should experience a mission trip. I don't think anyone would come back the same person. I think there would be less grumbling and complaining, and more praises!!! I read a statistic somewhere on this trip that said if even 1/4 of the Christians of the world got together to eliminate hunger and poverty, there would be no more. I know it's sometimes nice to be ignorant and to go on with your daily lives, oblivious. It certainly would have been easier for me then having my heart literally ripped open this week, but I know God wants us to be uncomfortable and wants us to continue to grow. All of these children are our brothers and sisters in Christ and we are commanded to help them!

3. When it rains there are people out in the world who are unable to sleep that night because their floors now consist of mud and standing water. Some of the children have to sleep standing up, or sleep on the roof in the rain. I praise God for my home! For my cozy bed and blankets!!! I will never complain again about my home, and if I do, I will just have to book another mission trip!!!

4. I have too much "stuff" It is inexcusable that I have 20 pairs of shoes and people in the world have 0. When I get home I am doing a decluttering of my "stuff" My heart has changed to a fully giving heart, not one of reluctance, but fully giving. I am blessed. I am so blessed. It's time to bless others.

5. One of my goals of this trip was to come here to become a better spiritual mother and wife to my family. I have taken away so many wonderful things. I am raising a new generation. I do not want to leave behind a legacy of wealth, but of spiritual knowledge. If I raise my children to have compassionate hearts, a love for God, and a hunger to know more of Him, then I have done my job here. I just read a book that stated, when your kids are packing their bags for college they are also packing their bags of everything you have taught them and instilled in them. I need to make sure I am packing those bags with good stuff, holy stuff!! This trip has helped to refocus me and equip me to be the person I want my kids to be.

1 comment:

  1. Great list, I enjoyed reading that! (Angela, Jeremy's wife)

    ReplyDelete