Friday, April 6, 2012

Hey You!!


Hey You!!

Thank you for following our team's Healing Haiti adventure during the week of April 9 - 16.

It has almost been a year since I last set foot on Haitian soil. Yet the wonderful memories of my last journey has intensified my excitement to return. I am returning with a wonderful team of generous, courageous and compassionate people. It is an eclectic group from across the country, but there has been an instant bond and synergy as we worked to prepare for our trip. God had a plan for us to all come together, I am just happy that we were all listening for his call.

It has been a blessing that the week before our trip just happened to be Easter week. The convergence of the two events has given me a new insight into the Lord's crucifixion and resurrection. The week has been filled with preparation, anticipation and lots of prayer. Prayers for courage to humbly serve others, to ease their pain and suffering as Christ would have done. To let me be the one to wash the feet of those in need and to share prayer time with people of such strong faith.Just as Easter is a time of renewal, I know this pilgrimage will cleanse my soul, re-adjust my perspective and renew my spirit.

I ask for your prayers for our team that God will wrap us in his loving arms and protect us on this journey. That He will be there for us as our hearts break.....wide open to the wonderful people of Haiti!

Laurene

No comments:

Post a Comment